Managing your clients’ property tax compliance needs is extremely complex.
From understanding the unique needs of each industry to managing ever-changing jurisdictional requirements, tax consultants experience every property tax scenario possible. PTMS is an all-encompassing system that files returns for virtually every industry—from state-assessed utilities to small retailers.
PTMS calculates taxable values and alerts consultants of the need to file a protest. It tracks tax bills and allows you to share data with your customers through the Insight client portal. Automate your compliance processes so you can focus on saving your customers money and growing your business.
- Automates all aspects of personal property tax compliance
- Optimizes your allocation of workforce resources
- Increases tax return accuracy and shortens return filing times
- Proactively manages property tax tasks and deadlines
- Helps users pay more bills in less time
- Improves client communication and collaboration
- Allows you to focus on saving clients money instead of managing repetitive tasks
- Access status reports, analytics, and custom KPIs from anywhere, anytime
- Minimizes taxable value by eliminating non-assessable costs and capitalizing on abatements and exemptions
- Includes functionality and tax returns for virtually every industry
- Access information from thousands of jurisdictions, including tax returns, calculation tables, tax rates, and due dates
- Auto-populates state and local jurisdictional facsimile forms with client data
- Provides tools to break out non-assessable costs, such as software, installation costs, and sales tax, from assets
- Eliminates redundant annual cleanup
- Split assets into multiple categories and ages, or across multiple returns
- Identifies asset changes, including transfers, new acquisitions, cost changes, and disposals, automatically upon import
- Built-in abatement and exemption tracking and calculations
- Automatically depreciates assets according to assessor calculation tables
- Receive alerts for missing or over-assessed value notices and tax bills
- Manages appeals and invoice contingency fees
- Track every step in your property tax process using workflows
- Available Optical Character Recognition (OCR) tools eliminate data entry for inputting value notices and tax bills
- Easy-to-use tax payment process allows for automatic feeds to any AP or AR system
- Role-based security; comprehensive audit log ensures data integrity and Sarbanes–Oxley compliance
If CSC PTMS® went away, I would be lost.
PTMS has been a huge time-saver for us, from filing returns, the assessments, tax bills — really the whole process from beginning to end. We can prepare two or three hundred returns for a state in four to five hours, and get them out the door same-day if needed. If you did that by hand, you’d need several people on hand to be able to handle that volume!