PTMS creates facsimile personal property returns across the United States.
PTMS supports state and local returns across a multitude of industries and jurisdictions. It also calculates asset values using the assessor’s calculation method, warns users of upcoming tax bills, and takes the pain out of forecasting and accruals.
Save time, minimize taxes, and manage all of your documents from one platform — no matter your industry, type of property, or how you’re assessed. Our customers save on average 78% of the time they’d otherwise spend on property tax compliance tasks by using PTMS.
- Automates all aspects of personal property tax compliance
- Optimizes your allocation of workforce resources
- Increases tax return accuracy and shortens return filing times
- Proactively manages property tax tasks and deadlines
- Helps users pay more bills in less time
- Streamlines audits
- Simplifies accruals and forecasts
- Improves the speed and accuracy of tax bill reimbursements
- Provides users quick access to status reports, analytics, and custom KPIs
- Minimizes taxable value by eliminating non-assessable costs and capitalizing on abatements and exemptions
- Access to information, including calculation methods, tax rates, and due dates, from thousands of jurisdictions
- Auto-populates jurisdictional facsimile forms with your data
- Provides tools to break out non-assessable costs, such as software, installation, and sales tax, from assets
- Eliminates redundant annual cleanup
- Split assets into multiple categories and ages, or across multiple returns
- Identifies asset changes, including transfers, new acquisitions, and disposals, automatically upon import
- Built-in abatement and exemption tracking and calculations
- Automatically depreciates assets according to assessor calculation tables
- Receive alerts for missing or over-assessed value notices and tax bills
- Track each step in your property tax process with property tax workflows
- Easy-to-use tax payment process allows for automatic feeds to any AP or AR system
- Allocation functionality apportions tax amounts to asset records for easy customer invoicing
- Provides tools for painless, accurate projections, accrual true-ups, and journal entry creation
PTMS has been a huge time-saver for us, from filing returns, the assessments, tax bills — really the whole process from beginning to end. We can prepare two or three hundred returns for a state in four to five hours, and get them out the door same-day if needed. If you did that by hand, you’d need several people on hand to be able to handle that volume!