When facing overwhelming deadlines it is easy to lose track of critical documents such as returns, correspondence with taxing authorities, notices, bills, appeal and audit documentation, and other tax department paperwork.
In addition to the countless hours wasted searching for missing documents, manual document management can also result in failed audits, document replacement costs, and other painful consequences. Document integrates with PTMS to create a central document repository and automatically links documents to their corresponding data records (sites, parcels, accounts) for intuitive archiving.
Document™ for PTMS serves as a repository for a variety of PTMS documents, including tax returns generated in PTMS, tax bills and assessment notices scanned and imported from Capture™ for PTMS.
Document™ for PTMS is a Web-based collaboration tool that lets you manage PTMS files
and documents through a centralized interface. Document™ for PTMS provides:
- A central document repository, making it easy to manage your tax returns, bills, and other PTMS-related documents
- Document libraries for storing, sharing, and collaborating on your tax-related documents
- Search capabilities that let you quickly find information and documents
- Creates a central document repository
- Catalogs all documents for easy search and retrieval
- Links property tax documents to PTMS records
- Secures documents for easier audits and strengthens SOX controls
- Reduces document storage costs
- Requires no IT investment
PTMS has been a huge time-saver for us, from filing returns, the assessments, tax bills — really the whole process from beginning to end. We can prepare two or three hundred returns for a state in four to five hours, and get them out the door same-day if needed. If you did that by hand, you’d need several people on hand to be able to handle that volume!