Data entry poses one of the most significant challenges facing corporate tax departments due to the paper intensive manner in which state and local tax authorities communicate taxable value and the resulting taxes they levy.
As a result of jurisdictions’ reliance on paper and the lack of standards for the layout of notices and bills, taxpayers spend an inordinate amount of time manually. Capture™ for PTMS is a web-based add-on tool for PTMS that uses OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology to extract and digitize information from scanned tax bills and assessment notices so you can import this information directly into PTMS, saving you time and reducing data-entry errors.
- Reconciles tax bills and assessment notices with sites and parcels
- Catalogs scanned tax bills and assessment notices for easy access
- Reduces time spent manually entering data from tax bills and assessment notices
- Minimizes transcription errors
- Reconciling assessment notices and tax bills to property sites, parcels, and accounts
- Entering data from documents into their tax management systems
- Correcting transcription errors
PTMS has been a huge time-saver for us, from filing returns, the assessments, tax bills — really the whole process from beginning to end. We can prepare two or three hundred returns for a state in four to five hours, and get them out the door same-day if needed. If you did that by hand, you’d need several people on hand to be able to handle that volume!